The Vice President of Innovation’s primary responsibility is to identify and evaluate new technologies and opportunities to support Relievant’s growth and vision. With a strong background in evaluating and championing early-stage science and technology, the VP of Innovation will partner with internal/external stakeholders to help evaluate and define novel opportunities to help achieve business goals. This individual should have a demonstrated ability to research medical device sector trends, think strategically and analytically about business, product, competitive, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and communicate effectively across the business. The VP of Innovation should possess a passion for new and emerging technologies and innovation.
- Constantly and systematically monitor external environment, competition, industry trends, scientific and technological advancements, with a focus on early-stage developments.
- Ensure awareness and inclusion in Relievant’s long-term business plans.
- Identify business development value propositions with external entities based on company, partner, and/or customer needs that promote long-term value creation.
- Contribute to long-term strategic planning, leveraging a comprehensive understanding of target markets, emerging innovation, and competitive dynamics to promote evolving opportunities across the organization.
- Partner with R&D and Marketing to help evolve the technological roadmap for the company.
- Interface with physicians and key opinion leaders to gain industry insights and identify opportunities for early innovation.
- Articulate and align with core internal teams to educate and promote competitive intelligence and learnings across the organization.
- Use key insights and developed strategy to manage, advance, and position the Relievant IP portfolio.
- In partnership with R&D, drive innovation processes through invention disclosures and strategic IP deployment.
- A proven leader with ideally 15+ years of experience in medical device, including 10 years of leading the identification and implementation of innovative technologies in the medical device space, preferably in the Spine or Interventional Pain Management market.
- Experience developing successful medical device innovation strategies.
- Proven track record in identifying opportunities that have led to new commercial products / therapies.
- Deep understanding of the global medical device spine sector.
- Passion for technology and innovation.
- Expert in scientific research and problem solving in the medical device space.
- Ability to work independently but have strong relationships with other leaders to facilitate cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong analytical skill set and the ability to be able to find the right value propositions.
- A business-orientated technologist with commercialization focus.
- Excellent communication and executive-level presentation skills
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline.
- Master’s degree or higher strongly preferred
- This position is in Sunnyvale, CA. We provide a flexible hybrid work model that includes days working from the Relievant office and remotely. We are open to candidates working from our corporate office in Minneapolis, MN, but the California location is strongly preferred.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, Relievant may provide reasonable accommodations.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: email@example.com.