Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer this position is responsible for developing Relievant’s commercial strategy and leading the marketing activities that drive our business deliverables. Additionally, this role will provide leadership and direction to a team of marketing professionals to design and execute the marketing strategy, corporate branding, product positioning and pricing, market development, and marketing communication initiatives. This position is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team at Relievant.
- Identifying future opportunities/challenges, incorporating those ideas into multi-year commercial strategies, and translating those strategies into tactical action plans that deliver predictable results.
- Leading the commercial strategic planning process that results in a detailed plan, budget and KPIs for marketing initiatives.
- Driving the implementation of marketing initiatives that will accelerate market adoption
- Measuring business performance against expectations, reporting on results, and adjusting strategies and tactics to maximize business opportunities.
- Understanding market dynamics that influence business strategy; identifying and predicting strategic competitive plays and market positioning. This includes identifying competitors and evaluating their strategies and positioning and devising counterstrategies.
- Directing and supporting market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short and long-term market forecasts and key business decisions.
- Operating as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team while developing highly-effective, trust-based relationships with other functions (especially with Sales and Prof Ed)
- Attracting, retaining, and leading a high performing and highly engaged team, including setting the team’s annual goals and tactics, and empowering them to deliver on Relievant’s strategic priorities and objectives.
- Building and maintaining the highest professional image and long-term relationships with customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
Capabilities and Experiences:
- Proven ability to attract, develop, and inspire a high performing and highly engaged team of marketing professionals.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the disruptive playbook on how to accelerate an adoption curve to establish new standards of care in medicine.
- Big picture thinker who can identify future opportunities/challenges, incorporate those ideas into multi-year commercial strategies, and translate those strategies into tactical action plans that deliver predictable results
- Embodies the culture and core values of the ELT, develops highly-effective, trust-based relationships with other functions (especially with Sales and Prof Ed), and puts the needs of our customers first.
- Is highly adaptable, operates with a sense of urgency, and challenges the status quo
- Experience working in a medical device start-up company preferred
- Pushes themselves to be better and believes nothing is impossible
- Able to travel up to 30% (if based in MN), 75% (if based outside of MN)
- 15+ years of relevant medical device experience
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Leader in Marketing
Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred
Our corporate office is in Bloomington, MN, but would consider hiring remote for this position.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, Relievant may provide reasonable accommodations.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.