Relievant MedSystems has developed, proven, and is now commercializing the Intracept Procedure – a breakthrough approach to treating patients with chronic low back pain (CLBP) who have failed conservative therapy. With two-level I randomized controlled trials, long-term data, and a new category I CPT code, the Company is aggressively commercializing across the US – and is looking for an Upstream Senior Product Manager to help continue this growth.
The Upstream Senior Product Manager is responsible for driving patient-focused innovation through all aspects of product development from project inception through first commercial launch; documenting and managing the product development process for new products and technologies to achieve and maintain market leadership, and applying expertise in developing and planning marketing programs and activities to drive future needs to serve physicians and their patients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate command of key business trends and market conditions through market research, clinical literature, metrics, coordination with customer interfacing teams and personal interaction with key customers
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for new product introductions by establishing strategies and plans that support corporate and business objectives
- Support product development activities across multiple internal and external groups such as R&D, Packaging and Labeling, Regulatory and Operations
- Drive “Voice of Customer” (VOC) throughout the technology development process to ensure market specifications appropriately capture customer and business needs and are incorporated throughout each project phase
- Support pipeline discussions around future portfolio including hands-on demonstrations and presentations to physicians
- Participate as marketing lead on cross functional product development teams to drive prioritization and tracking of development efforts
- Implement clear product positioning, pricing, and value propositions for new products
- Develop and implement new products from concept to post-launch, using metrics to define success and continuous improvement
- Participate in the development of and regularly update product portfolio roadmaps
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, or scientific discipline; MBA preferred
- 5-8 years prior product management, strategic marketing or consulting experience with 3+ years of upstream product marketing experience required
- Comprehensive understanding of the medical device marketing and product planning process
- Experience developing and executing product launch strategies and tactics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to listen and assess customer needs, translating those stated customer requests into need statements, prioritize needs/requirements, and communicate them cross-functionally
- Ability to properly determine key product market research priorities and use the appropriate market research methodologies to quantify market behavior either through quantitative, qualitative, or analytical research tools
- Excellent leadership, presentation, and negotiation skills to work effectively in driving a franchise and lead as a member of cross functional teams
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional colleagues, even without direct reporting relationships
- Strong analytical, quantitative, financial modeling, and strategic thinking skills
- KOL engagement and experience managing multiple physician collaborators
- Demonstrated success supporting and/or managing complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep clinical or technical expertise
- High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual and team contributor or leader
- Willing to travel 25-30% annually
Our corporate office is in Bloomington, MN. We provide a flexible hybrid work model that includes days working from our corporate office and remotely.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: email@example.com.