The Patient Access Program Manager will take a lead role in executing Relievant’s patient access program. This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to day activities of the program, including the hiring, training and management of the patient access team. This position will help define and execute the work plan for the program, participate in the program’s strategic planning process, the training of internal and external customers and be responsible for achieving set goals and objectives for the team.
- Manage the day-to-day program activities to meet/exceed team and organizational set goals and objectives
- Monitor and report on program metrics, identify trends and escalating issues to drive results and measure the performance of the program and team members
- Mentor and develop the Patient Access team, managing work allocation, training, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of Patient Access team members
- Develop, implement, and execute best practices – monitor for process improvement opportunities
- Provide feedback and regular updates to leadership on program effectiveness, providing recommendations or escalating issues where appropriate
- Train and present patient access program information to internal and external customers: including key components of documentation, Intracept Indications for Use, coding, coverage, and reimbursement
- Proactive cross functional communication with Sales, Marketing, Research and Development, Training, Accounting, Finance, and other departments as needed to address and resolve program issues
- Contribute or lead projects important to the success of the patient access program or process improvement initiatives
- Manage and monitor payer trends and case volumes, utilizing Salesforce and other applications
- Ability to review and interpret clinical documentation, with understanding of key pieces of documentation required for meeting Indications for Use and obtaining authorization and supporting payment
- Ability to support direct reports during PTO or volume increase by performing case coverage
- Weekly quality audits for direct reports
- Weekly 1:1 meeting with direct reports, including an agenda, meeting minutes to document discussion and coaching/counseling as part development of each employee
- Co-lead team meetings, based on position (Case Managers, Intake Specialists) in collaboration with other Program Manager leaders to ensure consistent messaging, identify challenges and issues and develop solutions to move forward cohesively
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in the healthcare reimbursement environment
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team. Case Managers, Intake Specialists, or similar roles preferred
- Detailed knowledge of coding, billing and payment for physician offices, hospital outpatient and ambulatory surgery centers
- Clear understanding and ability to assist, when needed, in the prior authorization appeal process
- Strong knowledge of payor systems and provider contracting
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal departments (sales, marketing, training, clinical)
- Experience with the launch of new disruptive technology, medical devices is preferred
- Proficient/advanced Microsoft Suite computer skills utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet, Salesforce and Outlook
- Adaptability with technology and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for helping patients, team members, internal and external customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Certification with AAPC (preferred).
- Secure home office space with ability to protect HIPAA sensitive materials
- Must be willing to travel as needed (<20%)
Our corporate office is in Bloomington, MN, but would consider hiring remote for this position.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.