Relievant is seeking a hands-on Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our team. The Director of FP&A will ensure we deliver a highly accurate and scalable approach to near and long-term planning, financial operations, and internal & external financial reporting and analysis. You will report to the CFO and work closely with our Controller and Director of Business Intelligence/Sales Operations to drive our financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, reporting and ad hoc financial analysis processes. Your work will guide department leaders to understand and interpret their team’s financial results and communicate those results to broader management and provide board and executive-level reporting. The ideal applicant has experience in a high-growth company, works with a strong sense of urgency and personal accountability, enjoys working with others, is deeply curious and driven to deliver results, and has a solid understanding of financial and accounting concepts.
- Lead the planning, analysis and coordination of the annual budget and quarterly rolling forecasts, including detailed balance sheet and cash flow forecasts.
- Develop and continuously improve reporting and tracking mechanisms and tools and processes to support effective and accurate financial planning across the company.
- Partner with the executive team to develop and refine the company’s strategy and work to optimize financial investments to achieve rapid revenue growth and attractive gross and operating margins.
- Enhance the transparency of financial decisions, proactively identify opportunities for improved business decisions making, and institute solutions for improving financial management.
- Prepare and review financial variances and results with department leaders.
- Provide information to Executive Leadership by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations in myriad forms, including critical metric Dashboards, summarized financial reports, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Optimize the use of existing systems to standardize, streamline, and extract greater value – consider solutions to automate the budgeting process.
- Work closely with Accounting on month-end close
- Monitor compliance of policies and procedures with internal and external regulations (Relievant SOPs and quality system, GAAP, IRS regulations, SEC regulations, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, MBA or CPA a plus
- Minimum of 10-15 years of successful business experience with increasing responsibilities with a minimum of 5 years of financial planning and analysis experience.
- Although this position will begin as an individual contributor – the team will grow with Relievant – you must have experience successfully hiring, leading, and managing direct reports.
- Demonstrated track record of leading financial planning, forecasting models, complex business analyses, influencing decisions, driving results, and leading change.
- Deep familiarity with financial accounting, financial reporting, modeling, and analysis for a complete business (as opposed to a single department or segment)
- Must have the ability to draft and assemble complete audited financial statements, including footnotes.
- Must understand core accounting concepts and financial documents.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment such as a venture-backed startup or fast-growing life science company a significant plus.
- Ability to coach and mentor those you engage with throughout the organization.
- Hands-on advanced user skills with business tools such as Excel, PowerPoint and enterprise-wide systems and databases (Netsuite and Salesforce.com experience a plus)
Strengths You’ll Need
- Insatiable curiosity; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proactive at identifying and remedying issues
- Ability to quickly move between the details and the birds-eye view
- Capacity to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently, and prioritize multiple assignments with accuracy and speed
- Enjoys working independently, yet is energized by being part of a team-oriented culture
- Ability to work on critical, time-sensitive issues and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- A can-do attitude and ability to positively implement change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to occasionally travel as needed.
- Our corporate office is in Bloomington, MN. We provide a flexible hybrid work model that includes days working from our corporate office and remotely.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, Relievant may provide reasonable accommodations.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.