Relievant seeks an experienced medical device/healthcare attorney to serve as Corporate Counsel providing legal counseling to key organizational stakeholders. The Corporate Counsel will be the subject matter expert, lead on all compliance, data and privacy matters, and serve as Relievant’s Compliance Officer. The Corporate Counsel will work closely and collaboratively with the Chief Financial Officer and internal stakeholders to draft, review, negotiate, and ultimately manage the lifecycle of agreements for Relievant.
- Lead and manage the development, implementation, communication, auditing, investigation and enforcement of compliance policies and procedures
- Work directly with the commercial team to ensure all aspects of our commercial strategy (sales tactics, interactions, agreements, materials, processes) are sound and legally compliant, including the review of promotional and educational materials as part of a cross-functional team
- Assist with the development of compliance related training materials for the commercial team; conduct training on interactions with Health Care Professionals, commercial concepts, and compliance matters
- Lead, from beginning to end, the structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and closing of all commercial contracts, including sales agreements, service agreements, collaborations, co-marketing, data use, consulting agreements, amendments and related documents
- Assist with internal investigations, as required, to promote a culture of zero tolerance for non-compliance
- Manage the lifecycle of corrective actions and remediation plans that address compliance related deficiencies in processes, procedures, and other operational activities
- Helping select and/or direct the work of outside counsel retained for compliance, healthcare, and human resources, defining project objectives, managing projects, and monitoring to ensure they operate within budget
- Leading special projects as assigned and participating in cross-functional teams and committees while demonstrating leadership ability to colleagues and business partners;
- Staying abreast of and advising on changes in laws/regulations, guidance documents, and industry trends affecting Relievant and developing policies and training, as needed
Qualifications and Strengths:
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school and an active bar license in good standing
- 15+ years experience as an attorney with a mix of significant law firm and extensive in-house experience focusing on healthcare law
- Ten plus years compliance experience in the medical device industry
- Ability to recognize compliance risks and develop workable strategies to mitigate such risk
- Experience working as an in-house attorney at a medical device and/or healthcare company
- Knowledge of federal and state laws as well as industry requirements affecting the medical device/pharma/biotech industries
- Exercises meticulous attention to detail and an organized approach to quickly identify a problem to be solved, and then solve it
- Ability to be creative and flexible but with a focus on business-oriented outcomes
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options about complex legal issues
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects with multiple stakeholders and groups
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and advance innovative solutions
- Tactful with strong external negotiation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%, as needed
Our corporate office is in Edina, MN. We provide a flexible hybrid work model that includes days working from our corporate office and remotely.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.