The Clinical Specialist independently covers Intracept cases, training the surgical team on the safe and effective uses of the device. The person is capable of covering any Intracept case in the territory, region or at times the nation, as assigned. The Clinical Specialist works with the surgical team members to provide clinical product assistance to the Surgeon by being familiar with the surgical procedure, instruments, supplies and equipment. This person will train the surgical team on instrument preparation prior to cases and to stay out of the sterile field before and during the surgical procedure. The Clinical Specialist will also provide clinical support for physician training and sales training programs.
Candidates will ideally live in the Oklahoma City metro area.
- Provide clinical case coverage as assigned
- Support sales and marketing initiatives
- Trains the surgical team to assist in good patient outcomes and verbally supports cases during training period
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of perioperative surgical technology practice and hospital policies and procedures
- Develops technical acumen to a level to serve as an educational resource
- Demonstrates appropriate interactions with all hospital service providers
- Maintains and prepares equipment/kits for surgery including Quality Control audits of equipment/kits
- Troubleshoots equipment according to standard procedure
- Provides intra-operative clinical product support
- Ensures that 100% of received inventory and returned inventory matches with shipping documents
- Reconciles inventory/usage as well as missing inventory
- Other duties may be assigned
- Assists in the delivery of procedural training to physicians and medical staff
- Be an effective member of the Sales team and play a key role in ensuring positive outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, including the quality policy, on label promotion and interactions with Health Care Professionals.
- Able to travel up to 80%
- Experience in minimally invasive spine procedures utilizing fluoroscopy, CT and MRI is essential.
- Customer relationship and procedural skill development
- High School Diploma or GED or Associate’s Degree with a minimum 4 years of clinical or medical sales experience; or
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of clinical or medical sales experience.
- Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- Able to build strong rapport and relate well to physicians and OR staff
- Ability to visualize and translate 2-dimensional fluoroscopic images into anatomical 3-dimensional spaces.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to build strong working relationships
- Demonstrate professionalism and exhibit a professional appearance and positive company image to the public
- Knowledge of spinal and/or orthopedic surgical instrumentation a plus
- Understanding of basic anatomy and pathology of the spine a plus
Physical Job Requirements:
The Clinical Specialist must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend and lift in order to complete the basic functions of the role. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
**Must have a valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.