The Patient Access Intake Specialist is responsible for managing the patient intake process. Working closely with team members to identify and overcome obstacles in the patient access program and reimbursement environment.
- Confirm case information is complete, verify benefits and instructions for case submission.
- Clearly communicate with Internal and External customers regarding patient access to Intracept Procedure, including but not limited to (case status, needed information, TM involvement, reporting etc.).
- Document all account activity and correspondence for cases in a timely/accurate manner so any team member can see exactly what is happening with each case.
- Confirm accuracy of authorization details, ensure all codes are captured and authorization is within approved timeframes prior to surgery.
- Manage incoming faxes and general reimbursement inbox and distribute to Case Managers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Mail, complete and accurate filing of mail with assignment to patient and patient access case manager with upload to Patient Access Portal and Egnyte
- Prioritize tasks according to urgency.
- Minimum 1-2 years medical Insurance verification and eligibility experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years prior authorization or revenue cycle experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of EMR or hospital software systems.
Skills / Aptitudes:
- Ability to work within multiple software systems.
- Ability to adapt as the needs of the business change or evolve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Secure home office space with ability to protect HIPAA-sensitive materials.
- Must be willing to travel as needed (<5%).
- Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, Relievant may provide reasonable accommodations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified in Outpatient Coding (COC) preferred.
- Anywhere in the United States. This position is 100% remote
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: email@example.com.