Relievant Medsystems has developed, proven, and is now commercializing the Intracept Procedure – a breakthrough approach to treating patients with chronic low back pain (CLBP) who have failed conservative therapy. With two level I randomized controlled trials, long-term data, and a new category I CPT code, the Company is aggressively commercializing across the US – and is looking for a Commercial Strategy Director to help continue this growth.
The Commercial Strategy Director is a cross-functional leadership role housed within the marketing function. The role will bring both a commercial and a strategic mindset to the company, helping plan its future roadmap as well as setting the annual plans that will contribute to hitting long-term business goals.
- Lead the overall commercial planning process, partnering cross-functionally to set plans for the upcoming year that will contribute to achievement of Relievant’s long-term business goals.
- Maintain an especially close partnership with sales and sales leadership, helping ensure tight alignment between commercial strategy, tactical planning, and field execution.
- Identify and execute strategic analyses, on own and with 3rd parties, that help identify new opportunities, clarify challenges, and characterize existing markets in service of the commercial strategy planning process overall. Examples include geographic entry prioritization, indication expansion, and traditional market analysis, characterization, and segmentation.
- Maintain and execute upon competitive intelligence, gathering industry, market, clinical and other data that could effect Relievant’s success, and working cross-functionally to address related opportunities and threats.
- Gather, analyze, and report on commercialization overall, bringing business intelligence to commercial activity beyond high-level metrics. Use tracked and analyzed data to inform, sharpen, and direct commercial activity. Be comfortable setting-up collection and querying data in traditional CRM systems (such as salesforce.com).
- Identify the need for and execute market research in support of support commercial strategy and planning activity.
- Lead select commercial activity, such as certain pilot programs, that further inform strategies and tactics at scale.
- Partner with Pipeline Marketing to ensure future product development aligns with overall business strategy; contribute financial analytics, competitive analysis, and strategic perspectives as needed to inform Pipeline decisions and funding.
- Partner with the broader marketing team – downstream, program development, and operations – to ensure commercial strategy and planning reflects the overall needs of the commercial business.
- Contribute to financial, business development, and other analytical and commercial projects as needed by the business.
The appropriate candidate will have both strategic and commercial experience, with an ability to apply methods and frameworks to business questions that yield both clear answers and execute-able plans. Prior experience at a strategy consulting firm, and setting strategy in several therapeutic areas, would be helpful, as would prior experience in the spine and/or interventional pain markets. S/He will bring a commercial mindset to this strategic role, and employ start-up-level urgency to both project and ongoing work. The right individual will enjoy working with other functions, with the field, and with clinicians, leveraging insights from all into a compelling, rigorous, and grounded strategy focused on aggressive business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA, or other related advanced degree
- 10+ years of experience in strategic and commercial roles at a healthcare company (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device)
- Prior strategy consulting experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- xcellent multi-tasking abilities
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, Relievant may provide reasonable accommodations.
Our corporate office is in Bloomington, MN. We provide a flexible hybrid work model that includes days working from our corporate office and remotely.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please add the name of the position in the subject line along with your resume to: email@example.com.