Relievant’s Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be helping to advance the company’s minimally invasive low back pain technology. This position is responsible for supporting manufacturing vendors and suppliers while enhancing productivity and product quality. This position will also work closely with research and development in the design of new instruments and transfer to manufacturing.
- In partnership with Relievant’s supplier network, provide ongoing support to address ongoing supplier manufacturing and quality issues.
- Development of suppliers to ensure our supply chain is capable of meeting expectations for growth from a quality, service and cost perspective.
- Serve as liaison between suppliers and company to drive effective continuous improvement.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for manufacturing processes associated with medical device design development and production; act as manufacturing engineering subject matter expert for Relievant in injection molding and thermoformed packaging.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and transfer new products into production by identifying assembly techniques, manufacturing processes, and design recommendations as appropriate.
- Create, develop and/or approve manufacturing protocols, processes, procedures, work instructions, and equipment specifications, and all other requirements for current and new products.
- Collaborate with other engineers to analyze issues and identify, test, and implement the most effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain control documentation including drawings, specifications, procedures, and work instructions.
- Assess supplier quality performance and compile data as part of supplier scorecard reviews.
- Travel to vendors, labs, and customers as needed.
- 6+ years of experience in manufacturing environment (medical device required)
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of manufacturing processes, injection molding, adhesives, thermoforming, CNC machining, packaging and labeling.
- Familiarity with various types of mechanisms, materials, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), and drawing standards.
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of equipment validation (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to draw insights from data quickly and to define executable actions.
- Demonstrated understanding and wide application of basic principles, theories, concepts, techniques, and a working knowledge of engineering disciplines and product development processes.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with
- Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, as well as working both independently and within a team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science.
Steve Augustine, Vice President Human Resources
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com.