Relievant Medsystems is seeking a hands-on Director of Human Resources to establish an HR function in a rapidly growing commercial environment. We expanded our team from 40 to 60 members in 2020, and we expect our organization to almost double in 2021, with more than half of the new hires being field-based personnel. The Director of Human Resources will help cultivate a vibrant company culture, forecast and execute recruiting and retention efforts, be a principal resource for managers and employees in helping to resolve HR matters as they arise, oversee payroll and benefits and maintain company policies, establish talent performance and management systems, and ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Administers the human resource programs including, but not limited to, payroll and compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand and define goals and strategies related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Oversee new hire onboarding/orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support our human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management. Oversees the administration of the company’s talent management and performance measuring systems.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Identifies and recommends to the senior management team opportunities for building, improving and maintaining a winning and positive culture designed to yield long term success and employee engagement.
- Monitors and ensures our compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills. Ability to build rapport and trusting relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Direct experience in working with an outsourced HR and payroll processing entity, eg., Insperity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys working in an agile, fast-paced, startup environment. Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Independent, self-starter – able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction.
- Energetic can-do attitude. Committed to acting as a change leader for improvements.
- Possesses critical thinking and decision-making, analytical problem solving, business astuteness, and process orientation skills.
- Superior organization, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization. Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- Curious, driven to achieve, and willing to challenge and ask thoughtful questions.
- Exceptional personal initiative and desire to drive continuous improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly preferred.
- Experience working with small to mid-sized startups is a significant plus.
Relievant’s Corporate Headquarters is in Bloomington, MN, with a Development and Operations office in Sunnyvale, CA. The majority of our team members are part of our field-based commercial organization that is expected to grow rapidly. Relievant currently does not manufacture products in-house. This role is an on-site position in our MN office, though our team is currently working primarily remotely due to COVID-19.
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.