Relievant Medsystems has developed, proven, and is now commercializing the Intracept procedure – a breakthrough approach to treating patients with chronic low back pain who have failed conservative therapy. Building upon initial commercial success, the team is seeking a Marketing Director to help continue the success.
This Marketing Director role will continue to scale Relievant’s commercial capabilities, focused on creating new demand within target segments, in addition to helping set the strategic direction for the company, and complementing existing team capabilities in market development, product management, and promotions and events. Scope of the roll will include identifying and raising awareness within target segments; evaluations of and plans to pursue new markets, indications, and geographies; competitive analyses and related strategies; commercial partnerships; and other strategic or marketing initiatives to address challenges and opportunities as they arise. This role will partner closely with those accountable for traditional product management (pipeline marketing and in-market field support), executing campaigns and other externally-facing deliverables that drive demand for the procedure while ensuring close coordination with all segments of Relievant’s commercial activity.
While clear day-to-day responsibility and accountability for the role will be established, as with most small, high-growth companies, the appropriate candidate will need to be a commercial “jack of all trades” – capable of contributing to commercialization in a variety of ways, as needed by the business at the time.
- The following are examples of responsibilities for the Marketing Director: Identify and deploy multi-channel strategies to raise awareness within target segments, and support the field team on the customer journey from awareness to procedures
- Lead strategic analyses that evaluate the Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP) market overall, deriving insights that yield executable tactical plans to achieve commercial goals (with comfort “working backwards”)
- Evaluate entry into new or adjacent markets, using clinical, physiological, technical, financial, and commercial analyses to establish a related roadmap as appropriate
- Establish a globalization strategy, determining a priority and a cadence of geographic launches to broaden Relievant’s growth outside the US based upon market, patient, regulatory, healthcare system, competitive, financial, and executional analyses
- Partnering with the broader marketing team, formulate and execute a comprehensive communications campaign – employing multi-channel efforts to convey key messages that are timely and aligned with business goals
- Partnering with clinical, establish a roadmap for indication expansion – utilizing clinical, market, and financial expertise in doing so
- Perform competitive analyses of adjacent portfolios, informing and recommending actions related to commercial, development, and promotional initiatives before leading related campaigns or projects
- Where appropriate or needed, bridge strategy and execution to lead programs and initiatives that come from strategic analyses – capturing related benefits from that prior work
- Maintain databases and trackers of related information and metrics
- Utilize frameworks, both commonly-accepted and unique to challenges at hand, to lead cross-functional teams and evaluate trade-offs in service of clear strategic analysis and decision-making
- Other “generalist” marketing responsibilities, as needed to achieve commercial goals
Prior experience in healthcare commercialization required, with a preference for experience in the medical device segment; additionally, experience in spinal/orthopedic/pain markets would be beneficial.
The appropriate candidate will have a strong business background, with at least 8 years experience in a strategic or commercial capacity – with preference given to those with a well-rounded commercial background (blending strategic and tactical achievements).
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA preferred
- To be based in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- To report to the Vice President, Marketing
- Travel around 25%
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.