Relievant’s Senior R&D Engineer will be helping to advance the company’s minimally invasive low back pain technology. This position is responsible for applied research, new product development, as well as working with manufacturing vendors and suppliers in alignment with the company’s strategic goals, objectives, resources and priorities.
- Lead and function as a contributing member of multidisciplinary project teams in the design, development, and manufacturing of energy based and non-energy based spinal products.
- Conduct research and concept prototyping for new product development or existing product improvements.
- Contribute inventions, new design or techniques to solve technical problems or improve existing products or processes.
- Plan, develop, and execute relevant bench-top, pre-clinical and cadaver studies as needed for regulatory, clinical and R&D requirements.
- Interact with physicians and surgeons to understand the unmet needs, as well as outside vendors, consultants and academia.
- Communicate ongoing research, product development, and testing to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop protocols, processes, procedures, work instructions, and equipment specifications, and all other requirements for current and new products.
- Develop and execute processes in alignment with all regulatory and quality standards.
- Collaborate with other engineers to analyze issues and identify, test, and implement the most effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain control documentation including drawings, specifications, procedures, and work instructions.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to develop and transfer new products into production by identifying assembly techniques, manufacturing processes, and design recommendations as appropriate.
- Able to travel to vendors, labs, and customers as-needed.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering product design.
- 5+ years of experience in the medical device industry.
- Requires successful track record of product development, product launch, and commercialization.
- Experience in the field of spine or pain management to include understanding of degenerative disc disease, functional biomechanics, and bone mechanics desired.
- Demonstrated understanding and wide application of basic principles, theories, concepts, techniques, and a working knowledge of engineering disciplines and product development processes.
- Demonstrated capacity for solving problems through creative designs.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, as well as working both independently and within a team.
- Familiarity with various types of mechanisms, materials, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), and drawing standards.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing methods, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
We are proud to offer our employees an excellent compensation and benefits package and we are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.